Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Accidentally

who am i?
and why does it take a stupid mistake to make me realize that life is precious
and anything can happen-if we are open to it
or aren't paying attention

i wrecked my car-
sitting here in a ditch i cannot do anything but laugh through my tears.
laugh because: it only takes one split second to find myself sitting on the side of the road-sideways-starring at the broken side mirror
and thinking "i'd been doing so well"
and tears because: how can i fix this? i can't even get out of my car- i need help (something i fear asking for).

humbling-yes, this is the experience of being humbled.
(oh, God: don't laugh)
but, thank you for the SLOW sign. i need that occasionally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.