Saturday, April 23, 2005

the answer will come

I am, inadvertently, letting my life be sucked from me. Is that possible? Have you ever gone so far and then realized you are not at all where you meant to be? How did I get here? What steps did i take, or fail to take, that led me to this point? I feel as though I have completely lost sight of who I am. The real me and the false me are juxtaposed; mingling breath, dancing, flirting with each other in hopes of birthing a version of myself which is less complicated and more refined. But, i am failing. And, i should be failing.
Lately i have found myself so unreal. i keep staring in the mirror wandering who it is staring back at me. I do not recognize these cloudy eyes, these broken smiles, these vacant glances which are reflected back at me. I am compromised. But how?
do you know who you are?

No comments: