Thursday, May 03, 2007

On the road again


It's hard to imagine that a year ago today I was on the long road trip out to Yellowstone National Park with the intentions of working until September. Oh, to be free from the daily grind and the concrete jungle ... and back on the road toward beauty and adventure just once more! I am longing for something a little greater than the monsterous buildings that rise up around me; something a little more peaceful than the blaring stereos and late night sirens; something slower paced than the whir of technology and the dizzing dance of life i am finding myself in. I want to return, not just in spirit, to the majestic beauty of the harsh, rugged mountains of the west... the place where it is not difficult to find myself craddled in the warmth of His tender touch; finally at peace.

No comments: