Thursday, March 08, 2007

Some new poems. Tell me what you think... crappy or kinda good..??

1

i think i don't know it yet
but i will soon
and when i do
i think it will be amazing
and a complete shock
and not anything i would have expected at all
i can't wait, i think,
but i don't know yet.

2
i keep seeing them
all over town
in the streets with broken necks
in the grass with crooked wings
under bushes lying in shame.
i am angry, but only in afterthought.
i am startled, at first
mistaking it for a leaf
or stone
i don't understand
and i stare
and for a moment can see movement
on its breast.
and realize it is only the wind
dancing under his feathers.
i am upset
but why for just this simple,
lifeless mess of beak and cartlidge and
silky feathers?
i am upset
because it is death and death so
perverted and blatent
and i am unprepared.

3
climb into bed with me, my love
and kiss me sweetly-
tell me the story of our love
and then we'll dream....
of all the things we'll do.
and then
hold me
and laugh with me
and remind me that this
is fovever.

1 comment:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.