Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hey, come on in

I have this weird thing about imagining what other people's lives are like.. this might explain my obsession with reality tv. I can met these people and then see exactly what their life is like without ever coming into contact with them. Anyway, I talk to someone, or meet someone, or see someone on the street and my mind starts driffting into what their life is like. I start to imagine them going home.. what does their house look like? What is their decorating style? What will they do when they get home? Then I imagine how they intereact with others... do they laugh alot? Are they mean to their spouse or significant other? What is really going on behind there eyes? Are they having financial difficulties? I think you get the picture. The point is, i think it's really strange that I do this. I feel a little silly and crazy! I think, though, that i do it because i'm curious about other people's lives because it gives me a chance to step out of my own life for a little while... which can either be good or bad. I tend to over romanticize other people's lives, but i don't think i am alone in that... I think it's only human to think that the grass is always greener on the neighbor's side of the fence, but that doesn't mean that it's right. And, i hate being that way because then i forget to appreciate the wonderful things that i have in my life.... like a good job, my health, my youth, and people who love me.
Well, anyway.... let me know if any of you ever wants to know how i invision your lives... you might just realize that the grass really is greener on your side!!

No comments: