Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome friends and lovers

I have been gone from this blog for a long time, for many reasons only a few of which are contained in the following: no one reads what I write, I haven't had much to say, I've been deeply caught up in transition. But, I'm hear to make everyone aware that I am coming back! Yeah! I'll start off this post with a new poem that I wrote just today while contemplating the meaning of life in my new favorite coffee house in my new favorite downtown!

Coffee House Blues

Today I am yellow and blue all around
and I'm thinking of you and the love that I've found
and the ways that I'm wrong and the ways that I'm right
and the emptiness I feel when I'm alone at night.
Maybe it's good and maybe it's bad
but I want you to want me and in the wanting I've had
more thoughts than I can think
and more tears than I can cry
of the hope and despair
that love must let fly.

(It's only in the wanting
that I'll let these things out
It's only that I love you
and I'm filled with such doubt.)

Find inspiration today in the little things and remember, Love Conquers All!

No comments: