Saturday, January 01, 2005

A New Year?

I have been thinking about the meaning of new, epecially in terms of the New Year. I woke up this morning feeling as though this day shouldn't be just a normal day because today is the first day of 2005! Getting dressed, I tried to contemplate a new way to do things. Should I put my left foot into my pants first instead of my right? But, honestly, I don't feel new, this day doesn't feel new... and is it really a new year?

New is such a relative term.

I want to be new. I want this to be a new year. I want new to mean more than new, something more like refreshed and recreated. Changing from the old into the better, the more educated, more thoughtful, more real.... me. Is that new?

These are inconsequential ramblings sprung from a lack of anything better to do!

No comments: